Thank you to Ryan Gottfredson for these resources
- Success Mindsets by Ryan Gottfredson
- Principles by Ray Dalio
- Creativity, Inc. by Ed Catmull
- Rookie Smarts by Liz Wiseman
- The Bottom of the Pool: Thinking Beyond Your Boundaries to Achieve Extraordinary Results by Andy Andrews
- I Hear You by Michael Sorensenhttps://amzn.to/37679eL
- Think Again by Adam Grant
- Do you have a Closed or an Open Mindset?
- Unlocking Greater Success by Developing an Open Mindset
- Becoming a More Positive Influence: Be Intellectually Humble
- Do You Think that Your Thinking is the Best Way to Think?
- The Difference Between Open-Minded and Closed-Mindset People
- The Power of Intellectual Humility
- Principles of Success by Ray Dalio
- The Power of Intellectual Humility – Farah Nasser
- Are You Open Minded? Three Ways to Break Thinking Patterns – Paul Sloane
- Living and Working with Child-like Wonder – Liz Wiseman
- Be Humble – And Other Lessons from the Philosophy of Water – Raymond Tang
- Why Intellectual Humility Matters
- What is Intellectual Humility?
- Jeffrey Rosen on Intellectual Humility and the Constitution
- Identify a time when you learned and benefited from taking in an alternative perspective
- Identify a time when you learned something that completely changed a prior belief and how that benefitted you
- Identify a time when you close-mindedly rejected another’s perspective that, in hindsight, was a big mistake
- Identify topics where it is difficult for you to see value in the alternative perspective and then seek out and write about the value in that alternative perspective
- Identify how you want to respond the next time you receive constructive criticism
- Identify a time where you responded to constructive criticism poorly. Why did you do that? What should you have done differently?
- Identify a time that you took too strong of a stance on a position and identify what you should have done differently
- Try to describe to someone the difference between a closed and an open mindset
- Try to describe why having an open mindset is so beneficial and why having a closed mindset can be so detrimental.
- With a partner or group, ask and answer:
- ▷ When was an instance where you or your team had a closed mindset and how it affected you personally and the broader group?
- ▷ When was an instance where you or your team had an open mindset and how it affected you personally and the broader group?
- ▷ It is common for us to shut down the ideas of others?
- ▷ When are the times that we shut down the ideas of others?
- ▷ How psychologically safe is our environment?
- ▷ Do you feel like your opinions count?
- ▷ How can we help your opinions count more?
- ▷ What is our culture related to giving and receiving feedback?
- ▷ Are we intellectually humble?
- ▷ What are topics that we take a strong stand on? Do we take too strong of a stand on it?
- ▷ Who is someone that you know that has a closed mindset? How does that limit them?
- ▷ Who is someone that you know that has an open mindset? How does that empower them?
- Am I being open- or closed-minded?
- How full is my bucket?
- How would someone who is intellectually humble approach this?
- What makes them think that?
- Where are they coming from?
- What information would they need to have to take that position?
- When they feel they have a voice, they feel of value