“Humans are imperfect creatures. You don’t “succeed” because you have no weaknesses; you succeed because you find your unique strengths and focus on developing habits around them.” – Tim Ferriss
“I am where I am today only because I embraced my obsession with success.”
“Any undertaking that includes accepting average will fail you sooner or later.”
– Grant Cardone
“These men are known as capitalists. They are motivated by the desire to build, construct, achieve, render useful service, earn profits and accumulate riches. And, because they render service without which there would be no civilization, they put themselves in the way of great riches.”
“Treating success as an option is one of the major reasons why more people don’t create it for themselves – and why most people don’t even get close to living up to their full potential…
If you don’t consider it your duty to live up to your potential, then you simply won’t. If it doesn’t become an ethical issue for you, then you won’t feel obligated and driven to fulfill your capacity.”
– Grant Cardone
- A government mandated minimum wage prevents people from deciding for themselves what pay to accept. If a person cannot find an employer that will hire them at the minimum wage level, they are legally barred from accepting a lower paying job.
- A raise in minimum wage will raise the pay of some workers but stop others from working all together.
- The biggest victims of a minimum wage increase are the lowest skilled workers. When minimum wage increases, higher skilled workers will now compete for jobs that previously we too low paying.
- It hurts businesses
- Many will hire fewer employees. We already see many fast food restaurants automating their services to reduce the number of employees needed so that they can stay in business.
- Many will reduce perks and benefits
- Some will simply have to go out of business
Have you read the book? Thoughts?