“Stop trying to network in the traditional business sense. Instead, just try to build up the number and depth of your friendships, where the friendship itself is it’s own reward.” Tony Hsieh
This list is at the end of a previous post, Review Notes from Tools of Titans by Tim Ferriss, but I wanted to add it here to keep it separate for reference.
Many of these top 17 books are some that I have already read. But for those that I have not, they are next on my list. If you’re interested in any of them click on their title or join Audible and listen to them. Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks
In addition to this list, there are a number of other great books listed in Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers by Tim Ferriss. Check it out, it’s a great book.
- Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harai
- Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Tim Ferriss
- The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right by Atul Gawande
- Dune by Frank Herbert
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion, Revised Edition by Robert Cialdini
- Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert
- Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies by Nick Bostrom
- Surely You’re Joking, Mr. Feynman! (Adventures of a Curious Character) by Richard P Feynman
- The 4 Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat Loss, Incredible Sex and Becoming Superhuman by Tim Ferriss
- The Bible
- The Hard Things About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz
- The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles by Steven Pressfield
- Watchmen by Alan Moore
- Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future by Peter Thiel with Black Masters.
I have quite a large bucket list of things that I want to do an accomplish. But I have had the opportunity to knock quite a few things off that list. I’ve put together some clips of some of those things.
Things checked off the list in this video:
- Skydiving (the free-fall was the best part)
- Swimming with sharks in Hawaii (with my daughter)
- Meet / Play basketball with Michael Jordan
- Zip-Lines (Whitefish Mountain, Montana)
- Air Chair water skiing (Lake 5, Montana – wasn’t good at this at all!)
- Dog Sledding (with my wife – it was her present to me for my birthday)
- Swimming with dolphins on the Big Island of Hawaii (with my son and daughter)
- Visit Greece (with my wife)
- Fly gliders in Hawaii (so cool seeing the whales as we flew out over the ocean)
- Visit Africa (with my wife)
- Professional Rodeo Cowboy – Steer Wrestler (in the video: Innisfail Pro Rodeo, Red Deer Pro Rodeo, Calgary Stampede)
- Razr and Dirt Biking in the mountains
- Climb Old Chief
- Caribbean Cruise (with my wife and some friends)
- Helicopter Ride over Hoover Dam (with buddies Jeremy and Tyson)
So much more to do!!!