“Is that a dream, or a goal? Because a dream is something you fantasize about that will probably never happen. A goal is something you set a plan for, work toward, and achieve.” – Paul Levesque (Triple H)
“Treating success as an option is one of the major reasons why more people don’t create it for themselves – and why most people don’t even get close to living up to their full potential…
If you don’t consider it your duty to live up to your potential, then you simply won’t. If it doesn’t become an ethical issue for you, then you won’t feel obligated and driven to fulfill your capacity.”
– Grant Cardone
- He teaches that our most critical skill is envisioning and by writing down a specific goal or dream we can begin that process of seeing it in our mind as a reality.
- When we write down our goal we need to be specific with the what and why behind it. In great detail, what is our goal and why is it so important to us?
- As it is said, goals are dreams with a deadline. So we also need to add the when. When are you going to achieve this goal by?
- Write your dreams down; be vivid and very specific; give them a timeline. With this information you have taken a giant step in the process of making your dreams a realization.
- You need to constantly be reminding yourself of where you are going and keeping your focus on your destination. Life has too many distractions and this will help you to stay on your path.
- This will also trigger the subconscious mind to help you recognize the opportunities in life that cross your path that will help you to reach your target.
- Simply come up with a plan to get you started. Olson recognizes that it’s probably not the plan that will help you to get to the end, but you need a plan to start the ball rolling. Writing your plan down and reading it every day as you sit and wait for the world to serve you won’t work. You need a plan and you need to act on this plan.
- “People make the mistake that they can’t start until they have the perfect plan. There is no perfect plan.” – Jeff Olson
- Be very specific and fix in your mind exactly what you want.
- Determine exactly what you are willing to do or give to achieve this dream you desire.
- Establish a definite date by which you will achieve your goal.
- Create a definite plan and begin at once.
- Take the above information and write a clear, concise statement of what you desire, the time frame by which you will achieve it, what you intend to do and give in return to achieve such a goal, and the clear plans you intend to act upon.
- Finally, read this written statement aloud, twice daily.